A video transition refers to a method of juxtaposing 2 scenes. It is a technique used in the post-production of video editing by which scenes or shots are combined. Usually, a transition is through a normal cut to the next shot. It can also convey a tone or mood, separates parts of the story, or suggests the passage of time.
Then, how to make transition videos? In general, you need video editing software that offers free video transitions like MiniTool MovieMaker.
There are nearly 100 transitions in the MiniTool MovieMaker including Advance, Diagonals, Iris, PagePeel, Reveals, and Wipe. Transition is a great way to connect one clip to another. If you don’t know how to add a transition for a video. Just follow the below steps.
You need to download the free video editor – MiniTool MovieMaker.
1. Add a Transition between Two Clips.
After downloading MiniTool MovieMaker, you need to install and open this application, then take the steps below:
- Click the My Album button in the left menu under the Media tab. Click the Import Media Files button in the middle of the interface of this tool. Upload pictures or videos you want to use to create a video.
- Click the + button in the bottom right corner of the target material to add it to the track. Repeat this operation to add more materials.
Or, you can select the first material you want to add, press and hold the Shift key and click on the last material, then click the + icon on one of the selected materials to add them all to the timeline.
Or, press and hold the Ctrl key to select the target materials one by one and use the + icon to add them to the track. It is just like selecting multiple targets in Windows File Explorer.
- Choose the two clips where you want to use transition. You can click one material and then press the Ctrl key on the keyboard and click another to select the two clips. Or, just choosing the first material can also add a transition between those two clips.
- Go to the Transition tab at the top of the interface. Choose the transition mode you want to use, then click the + button in the bottom right corner of the target transition to add it to the location between the selected two clips.
Note: You can preview the effect by clicking the play icon in the Player section.
2. Add the same Transition to Selected Clips.
If you want to use the same transition to selected clips, you can take the following steps to achieve that.
- Click the Transition tab at the top of the interface.
- Select the clips you want to use a transition. You can click one material and then press the Ctrl key on the keyboard and click others one by one to select them simultaneously.
- Right-click your ideal transition mode and click the Apply to Selected Clips option.
3. Add the same Transition to All Clips.
If you’d like to add one transition to all clips, take the steps below.
- Go to the Transition tab at the top of the interface.
- Right-click your favorite transition mode and click the Apply to All option.
4. Edit the Transition
At the same time, you can edit the transition mode in the right panel. It is suitable for all situations described above. Here’s how:
- Click the transition icon on the timeline and the Transition Property section will appear in the upper right.
- Change the transition’s duration with the slider. The default duration is 1.0s.
- Change transition mode: Overlap, Prefix, Postfix in the middle of the Transition Property section to distribute the time of the transition between two clips.
- You can click the Apply to All button on the bottom right corner of the Transition Property section to apply your settings to all the transitions in the video.
- You can click the Reset button in the bottom left corner of the Transition Property section to withdraw your settings.
5. Delete the Transition
The method below applies to all situations mentioned above.
Right-click the target transition and click Delete or choose the trash icon on the track toolbar to delete the transition.
Now, you must know how to add cool video transition effects to your videos to make them more attractive. The instructions are easy. The most important part is to choose a professional and reliable video editor such as MiniTool MovieMaker.
Also, Read More About –What Exactly Mean by Avple App?