Relining old pipes is an ancient practice, but it has become more common recently as older buildings have increased and newer construction methods are used to build homes.
You may need to hire a company specialising in relining pipes in Sydney if you have old piping within your home or building. Even if you have gotten new lines, you can implement these processes to increase their lifespan. If you need clarification about how to get started with relining your pipes, don’t worry! Your search ends here. Keep reading to know more!
What is pipe relining?
It is a process in which a new lining is added inside the existing pipe. This can be done to prevent the formation of cracks inside the pipes. Over time, these cracks damage the pipes and cause them to break.
Furthermore, the cracks inside the pipes can cause water to become stagnant, increasing the chances of water leakage from the damaged pipes. With this, the interior is lined with a rubber or polymer material to prevent leakage.
Options for pipe relining services
There are different types of pipe relining services available in Sydney-
- Full relining: With a full relining, the entire interior of the pipe, from the collar to the wall, will be replaced with a new lining. This method is commonly used for lines with a flared collar or ones made up of polyvinyl chloride or chlorinated polyvinyl chloride. Because of the extent of replacement, it is the most expensive type of relining.
- Partial relining: The pipe’s interior is lined with a new lining, while the outside is left unaltered. Partial relining is the most commonly used for cast iron or iron pipes. It is a more affordable option than a full relining.
- Polishing: If a pipe is severely damaged, but can still be salvaged, polishing the damaged section is the ideal method instead of relining it.
- Replacement: If you have a leaking pipe over ten years old, it is time to install a new tube.
- Cleaning: Pipe relining services also extend to cleaning or inspection. A cleaning or inspection is usually done when the inside pipe has become soiled, contaminated, or eroded. It is a less expensive option than relining.
When should you get your pipe relined?
Pipe relining is an important and necessary process. Any delay will lead to costly repairs. Here are a few signs to indicate that it is time to get your pipe relined:
- If you have a leak or a crack in your pipes
- If a plumber tells you to reline your pipes
- If there is some obstruction in the pipeline
- If your pipeline is over ten years old
- If you catch rust along your tubes
It’s important to note that relining your pipes is not a DIY project. You need prior experience and a fair understanding of the processes to get it right. It would be best to make an appointment with a certified, professional pipe relining service.
Hiring a professional will help you properly assess your tubes and determine the best course of action. Contact an agent to protect your pipes from damage and keep your property safe!